It’s easy to send tweets online via your computer and just as easy to send tweets from your mobile phone. There are two main ways to send tweets from your phone – 1) via text messaging, and 2) by using a Twitter application designed for your phone. Here’s how to do both –
Texting Your Tweets
- Log into your Twitter account on the Web at twitter.com
- Find your name in the upper right corner of the page and select settings from its drop-down menu (alternatively, go to http://twitter.com/settings/account)
- Click on ‘Mobile’
- Enter your mobile or cell phone number
- Follow the instructions by texting the word displayed to the number or code provided – this will activate your phone to text your tweets.
- Save the number provided – to send tweets via text messaging, just send a message to the number you have saved.
Popular FAQ – Will people see my mobile phone number when I text my tweets? No, they will see your tweets as if you sent them from a computer.
Tweeting by Mobile Phone Application
- If you are on the Web go to twitter.com/download (if you are using your phone to surf the Web, go to m.twitter.com/download) and click on the icon that matches your phone
- Enter your email address and wait for an email that will allow you to download, install and configure the application. You will need your Twitter username and password to complete the process.
- Once the application is loaded to your phone, click the icon and begin tweeting!
Popular FAQ – Are there other ways to find Twitter applications that will work with my phone? Yes. You can visit an app store to find a wide selection of Twitter apps. Blackberry App World and the iTunes app store are two popular spots.